Mix Articles at JustMastering.com
Basic recording and mixing
- Preventing and reducing noise in music production
- What is the Phase Button? Phase vs Polarity
- Widening your mix - Enhance and maximize the stereo width of your mix!
- Mid/Side Stereo Explained: Part I (basics)
- Checking your mixes in the car
Intermediate to advanced recording and mixing
- Mix bus processing - is it a good idea?
- Mid/Side Stereo Explained: Part II - Effects
- Working the mids - Part 1: Tips for perfecting your midrange
- Working the mids - Part 2: Balancing your midrange
- Mix Tips: Mixing with Reverb
- Loudness Overview: How do I make my mixes louder?
- Using Hand-drawn dynamics to add musical emphasis and impact
Tools, tips and shortcuts
- Maximize sound quality on streaming sites such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube
- Four mix tips to help you achieve a great mix!
- Creating a sense of depth in your mix (Shortcuts)
- Guide to Classic Compressors