Articles at JustMastering.com
2020 Mastering Articles
2017 Mastering Articles
- Checking your mixes in the car
- Mix bus processing - is it a good idea?
- Widening your mix: Enhance and maximize the stereo width of your mix!
- Working the mids - Part 1: Tips for perfecting your midrange
- Working the mids - Part 2: Balancing your midrange
- LANDR: The End of Traditional Audio Mastering?
- What is the Phase Button? Phase vs Polarity
- Preventing and reducing noise in music production
- Mid/Side Stereo Explained: Part I
- Mid/Side Stereo Explained: Part II - Effects
- Product Review: Klangfreund - LUFS Meter
- Mix Tips: Mixing with Reverb
- Museum Piece - MFSL CD Metal Master - UDCD 538
- Product Review: Benchmark Media Systems Inc. DAC2 HGC
- Rob's Music Mastering Toolkit - Favorite Tools for 2014
- Metadata in music - what it is, and why I recommend it
- High-resolution audio formats explained
- Loudness Overview: How do I make my mixes louder?
- Creating a sense of depth in your mix
- Guide to Classic Compressors
- ISRC Codes 101
- How to create and prepare stem mixes for audio mastering
- Rob's Music Mastering Toolkit - Favorite Tools for 2013
- Audio Mastering Software vs the Modern Mastering Engineer
- Achieving the best sound quality on SoundCloud and YouTube
- Audio Mastering Process - Step-by-step
- Mixing tips to help you create better mixes
- Hand-drawn Dynamics
- Mix Analysis Report
- Working with an Audio Mastering Engineer
- How to Judge the Quality of a Master Recording
- My audio mastering philosophy
- Audio Mastering Checklist
- DDP File Format Explained
- Rob's Music Mastering Toolkit - Favorite Tools for 2012
- Maintaining sonic integrity before mastering
- "Mastered for iTunes" explained
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) - Reduce your upload and download times without sacrificing audio quality!
- Song Mastering: The Audio Mastering Process Explained
- Product Review: QuikQuak's "MashTactic" audio plugin - an excellent tool to help you visualize your mix!
- Martin Guitar Factory Revisited
- Finding a great audio mastering engineer